Registration for the 2017 Convention is now open and delegates are able to register online with a credit card, or request an invoice. Accommodation and participation in social events can also be booked at the time of registration.
Please do not hesitate to contact our registration team with any queries:
Tel: +27 (0)21 683 2934
|Members – Standard Fee (until 31 July 2017):||R 4,840.00|
|Non-Members – Standard Fee (until 31 July 2017):||R 6,650.00|
|Student and Academics – Standard Fee (until 31 July 2017):||R 3,240.00|
|Members – Late Fee (after 1 August 2017)::||R 5,750.00|
|Non-Members – Late Fee (after 1 August 2017):||R 7,560.00|
|Students and Academics – Late Fee (after 1 August 2017):||R 4,450.00|
The registration fees include:
- Access to all 2017 Convention sessions.
- Access to the 2017 Convention exhibition.
- Lunches and refreshments on both days.
- Delegate materials and convention proceedings.
Cocktails & Dinner
DATE: Tuesday, 17 October
TIME: 07:00 PM to 11:00 PM
LOCATION: The Forum Campus, Bryanston
|Member and / or guest||R 330.00 pp|
|Non-member and / or guest||R 440.00 pp|
2017 Convention Terms and Conditions
- Full payment is required 7 days from invoice; no admission without pre-payment.
- All payments to be made payable to Actuarial Society Conference.
- All cancellations must be received in writing.
- Cancellation fees will be imposed as follows:
- Cancellations 90 days prior to the start of Convention will receive a full refund less a 10% administration fee.
- Cancellations between 89 and 30 days prior to the start of Convention will be refunded 50% of registration fees paid; if registration fees are outstanding the delegate will be liable for 50% of the registration fees.
- No refunds will be provided for cancellations within 30 days of the start of Convention or no-shows and the delegate will be liable for full registration fees.
- Completed registrations will be acknowledged within seven (7) days.
- Registrations are transferable to delegates not yet registered only if the Convention Secretariat is informed in writing.
- All fees are payable in South African Rand (ZAR) within seven (7) days of invoice. Any short payment resulting from bank charges and/or exchange rate fluctuations will be charged back to the delegate.
- Registrations may not be shared, i.e. shared name tags will not be issued and name tags may not be shared.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IN RELATION TO THE CONVENTION
The Actuarial Society of South Africa reserves the right to cancel the Convention without notice or compensation in the event of any delay, default, failure or cancellation of implementation of any deliverable to or for the Convention which has been caused, directly or indirectly, by any incident of “force majeure”. For the purposes hereof, the term “force majeure” shall mean any incident, circumstance or cause which renders delivery of the Convention substantially or totally impossible or impracticable and which is beyond the control of the Actuarial Society of South Africa. The term shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Any strike, or other industrial action of any kind;
- Fire, flood, or adverse weather conditions;
- Unavoidable breakdown or destruction of facilities or equipment;
- Failure of carriers, delays in performance or delivery by sub-contractors or any other breach by a third party of a material obligation towards the Actuarial Society of South Africa;
- Power failure;
- Promulgation/amendment/rescission of any relevant legislation or regulation by local or national government;
- Any occurrence of any nature which renders it reasonably necessary for the Actuarial Society of South Africa to cancel the Convention.
In such circumstances, the Actuarial Society of South Africa, the Convention Local Organising Committee and the Convention Organisers are hereby indemnified and shall not be liable to any delegate, supplier or other service provider for any loss or damage save that the Actuarial Society of South Africa shall only be liable to reimburse the relevant party such amounts as may actually have been received by the Actuarial Society of South Africa, but after deduction of any costs that have been reasonably incurred by it up to the point of cancellation in preparing the Convention. This limited liability does not extend to any payments that may have been made directly or indirectly (on behalf of delegates/attendees/service providers, etc.) to third parties such as hotels or airlines.
The Actuarial Society of South Africa, the Convention Local Organising Committee and Convention Organisers shall not be responsible for any theft, breakage, destruction or damages of any kind whatsoever and howsoever caused to personal and/or business items of delegates, accompanying persons, children, or other attendees.
All delegates are to make themselves fully aware of the health and visa requirements in respect of travel to South Africa; in the event that an individual is unable to participate in the Convention due to not meeting these requirements in any way; the Actuarial Society of South Africa, Convention Local Organising Committee and the Convention Organisers will not accept responsibility in any respect.